This high-potency multiple vitamin/mineral supplement is formulated for the special nutritional needs of people who have had weight loss surgery. Maintaining adequate nutritional intake from food alone is often not possible after surgery. Reduced food intake and poor absorption can result in deficiencies that can jeopardize health.
It is imperative to begin taking supplemental nutrients upon your return home after surgery and to continue taking them throughout your life. However, studies show that standard multivitamins or children’s chewable multivitamins do not adequately meet the enhanced requirements or compensate for absorption problems after surgery. This daily supplement overcomes these issues by providing extra-strength amounts of nutrients in forms that are readily absorbed and efficiently used by the body.
This product contains:
• 28 essential vitamins, minerals, and trace elements
• Higher potency amounts compared to standard multivitamins
• More complete “families” of nutrients for vitamins A and E for balance and safety
• Higher vitamin D than regular multivitamins to support bones and general health
• Folate, B12, and other B vitamins in bioactive forms that are more readily utilized
• Essential minerals in easy-to-absorb forms that are gentle on the digestive system
• Extra iron in a well-tolerated form that does need stomach acid for absorption
The capsules are medium-size vegetarian two-piece capsules that are more comfortably swallowed compared to larger capsules. The capsules can be pulled apart and contents mixed in food or beverage if desired.
Free of Common Additives
This product is made without lactose, starch, or other fillers that can cause digestive intolerance. It is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Some nutritional deficiencies can occur within a year after surgery. Others may take years to develop. You may not know you have developed a deficiency, as there may be no visible signs or symptoms. However, because certain nutrient deficits can lead to irreversible nerve and tissue damage, taking high potency amounts of vitamins and minerals daily throughout your life is a critical part of your postsurgical care.
Suggested Use: 4 capsules daily with food.
This product was made in a GMP and ISO 9001:2008 registered facility.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.